Sunday, November 14, 2010

1850 Tournament Yesterday.

The Heroic 28's put on an event at Area 51 in grapevine Yesterday that a lot of the crew up from Austin, Texas including BigRed and BushidoPanda of BOlS fame. The event was a 4 round Rogue Trader style tourney that used the nova style missions, the fixed objective 5 objects, the modified kill points, and the modified Vps and table quarters in various combinations It was an interesting tournament and I have say it was a lot of fun. I went 2-2 with my first game being a very tight lose, my second game being a tight win, my third game I was able to get a major victory which shot me up to table 8. On table 8 my opponent and I had a very good game, but I screwed up a few things early on namely my deployment which hurt me through out the game leading to a major lose. Not a bad day, the list I used was C:SM

List
Libby Null Zone and Avenger
10 Tactical termies 1xCF 2xCml,
2 drop poding Dreads 1 MM DCCWSB 1 Assault Cannon and DCCWSB with Locator beacons on the pods,
10man tactical melta RL and combimelta in a droppod,
2 1o man tacticals in rhinos 1 with PF Melta Rl, the other Flamer RL srgt combimelta,
2x Landspeeder storms with MMs
2 Dakka Preds(AC,and HBs)

The list preformed exceedingly well, combat tactics is an incredible tool in the space marine tool toy box. Tactical termies preformed exceedingly well in all but the final game as my ability to roll 2+ armor saves ended. Having to do it again the storms under preformed. My ideas with them worked however their impact on the overall game was minimal amazingly no one chose my storms as their kill points. I think two tweaks to this list would be to eliminate the storms and replace them with Upgrading the libby to Terminator armor with a Storm shield, giving extra armor to both dreads, and taking a normal landspeeder with a Multimelta. That set up is stronger overall the storms were interesting but not having the points for their normal scout units made them greatly under preform. More to come

No comments:

Post a Comment