Sunday, October 10, 2010

1850 Lists, lets talk

Okay gang Rancor here preparing for a major event going down in North Texas at Area 51 Games and Collectibles in Grapevine, Texas. The local 40k group is going to be running an 1850pt event and if I'm still in the area on November 13th. I'm going and I'm bring Codex Space Marines. The question is what list am I going to bring. Its using a modified Nova Format so it rewards armies that are compact on VP's, hard hitting and versatile. So what do I bring, I could go razorspam but I personally hate that army so no go. I could go with a varient of what I took to bolscon subtracting some points to get it to the necessary points. Or I could bring the Shrike style armies I've been playing around with. I could go with my Sicarius build, or I could go basic.

The Army

1850 Pts - Space Marines Roster

HQ: Space Marine Librarian
1 Space Marine Librarian (Unit Type: Infantry; ...in Power Armour;Psyker; Null Zone; Smite)
1 ...in Power Armour Bolt Pistol; Force Weapon)

Elite: Dreadnought
1 Dreadnought Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Extra Armor; Dreadnought CCW; Multi-Melta; Storm Bolter)

Elite: Dreadnought
1 Dreadnought Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Extra Armor; Dreadnought CCW; Storm Bolter; Assault Cannon)

Elite: Sternguard Veteran Squad
4 Sternguard Veteran Squad @ Bolter x2; Combi-Meltagun x2
1 SergeantBolt Pistol; Combi-Meltagun x1
1 Rhino

Troops: Tactical Squad (11#, 225 pts)
9 Tactical Squad Plasmagun; Missile Launcher
1 Sergeant Combi-Meltagun x1
1 Rhino

Troops: Tactical Squad
9 Tactical Squad Bolter x7; Flamer; Missile Launcher
1 Sergeant Bolt Pistol; Power Weapon x1Combat Tactics)
1 Rhino

Troops: Tactical Squad
9 Tactical Squad Meltagun; Lascannon;
1 Sergeant Bolt Pistol; Power Fist x1
1 Rhino

Troops: Scout Squad
7 Scout Squad Bolt Pistol x7; Combat Blade x7;
1 Sergeant Melta Bombs; Combi-Meltagun x1; Power Fist x1;

Fast Attack: Land Speeder Squadron
1 Land Speeder Squadron Heavy Bolter x1; Typhoon Missile Launcher x1;

Fast Attack: Assault Squad
9 Assault Squad jump Pack; Power Armour; Bolt Pistol x9; Chainsword x9; And T
1 Sergeant Jump Pack; Power Armour; Melta Bombs; Bolt Pistol; Power Fist x1;

Heavy Support: Predator (1#, )
1 Predator @ Autocannon; Heavy Bolter (each side))

Heavy Support: Predator (1#,)
1 Predator @ Autocannon; Heavy Bolter (each side))

Yes I know gasp in horror at the lack of Thunder Hammer Terminators Let me tell you some things about Thunderhammer terminators, their time is rapidly coming to close. I am personally board with the unit honestly and find that they simply scream kill my ride and don't worry about me. Which is why when I run them I tend to either gate them or some other tricky deployment method, shrike anyone?

List general concepts and ideas.

Essentially this is a mech list that while utilizes a counter assault unit and an outflanking unit. The sternguard are here because they are excellent all rounders and fun. The dreads are used as walking distractions and counter assault units for softer targets. This list utilizes combat squads and combat tactics. Each of the tactical squads has a dedicated roll that work in union with one another. Its a simple but tactically rich list. Again at this points its getting some play test atm, and I'm still leaning towards taking my Shrike list. More to come on that list build at 1850.

No comments:

Post a Comment