Saturday, October 30, 2010

Battle 1850 Shrike vs IG Tourney prep

Hi Gang Rancor709 here with a battle report from Monday night Gaming at Area 51 in Grapevine Texas. Getting prepped and tweaking my list for the upcoming Tourney on Nov 13th. So it was me vs Mike's Mech Guard with Execution tank 2xVendettas, and 1 two man Russ squadron and 1 single Vindicator with Tank ace and a bunch of Chimeras with and a hell hound. I was running my Shrike foot 10th company list with Shrike Termy Libby SS Null zone and Gate, 10 man TH/SS termies with 3lcs, 6 man sternguard with 2xMl and combimelta, 2x5man Scouts with Ccw Bp Srgts with PF, Combimeltas and meltabombs, 2x5man Sniper Scouts camo claoks ML, and Srgt with Sniper rilfes. 10 man Tacitcal squad with Lascannon and Flamer srgt with a combimelta. 2 landspeeder storms 1 with HF 1 with MM and a 10man assault squad with a Pw.

Okay so we roll up mission and its Annihilation and then deployment and its dawn of war. Mike wins the roll to go first. Mike deploys nothing allowing everything to roll on turn 1. I infiltrate my two sniper scout teams both in cover on in my back field on opposite sides of the table. 1 outflank shrike the two ccw scouts squads each in a storm, I deep strike the assault squad, Hold the tactical squad in reserve. My sternguard I have coming on turn 1

Turn1-m

Mike rolls on in a line across his back field. with his hellhound zipping forward on my right to eat my scouts squad. I really dislike hellhounds, but I play a lot of scouts. Thankfully It was really dark none of Mikes vehicles can see my scouts especially the hellhound. I have to say when he rolled low for his vision I was relieved.
Turn 1 J

My sternguard come on and run into a building so they can lay down missle fire next turn. My far left scouts try and see a chimera but can't the srgt was drinking again. My scouts on the far left roll to see the chimera they don't. The scouts on the right think they see a hellhound in the distance. They do but only 2 snipers and my Srgt can see the others didn't make out the hellhound in the early morning light. I roll and get 2 hits, I get a rend, and then I roll a 1 so I get a strength 10 hit on armor 12. So needless to say...
Turn2-M
With the dawn comes the voices of big guns. Mikes shooting was devastating the hellhound ate the right scouts. My sternguard sqaud eat the combined fire of all but 2 of his chimeras and and vanquisher cannon. My far left scouts squad lose 1 dude. It had truly been a red dawn.
Turn 2-J
I roll my reserves and get deepstriking assault squad and MM Storm with its surprise in side squad. The outflank on my left on his table side and I drop my Assault squad on the right . No misshap but I scattered 8 further back then I wanted. My scouts jump out of their ride ready to fight. Seeing the back armor of a chimera and a Vanquisher ace tank that didn't move last turn. And I screwed up, I knew it as soon as I did it too.
I shoot the storm at the rear of the vanquisher tank and fail to hit. I instead of trying to pop the chimera and then multicharging, go and shoot the vanquisher with the combimelta, and I blow the damn thing up. And lost a scout in the explosion. So they are hanging in the wind.

Turn3-M

mike Flys a Vendate over to blow up the storm. rearranges his forces to kill my assault squad and turns the chimera to eat the scouts behind them. His guns open up and my 10 man assault squad is magically reduced to my srgt and a lone assault marine. He fires into my snipers in the nest and kills all but the srgt who breaks. And he turns his vengeful guns on my scouts that blew up his tank ace and they die.

Turn 3J
I was feeling good about myself at this point I figured the rest of my army would come in and make up some ground. reserves Shrike comes in with his marry band of awesome, The other storm comes in the tactical squad seeing the bloodshed decide to hang back a turn. My lone sniper rallys and hangs out in terrain. I get to put shrike and friends where I want thanks to rolling a 6. They come in an inch away form his hellhound and the chimera on his right. My assault squad runs forward to attack his command chimera. My other band of scouts come in on the left. and I make another mistake, instead of remember this is a killpoints game I and going with my standard plan of kill transport and then eat squad inside with scouts which is what that unit is designed to do. I instead disembark my scouts run them and have them charge the executioner tank. they Promptly do nothing to the damn thing. Yup at that point I was not happy with myself. My assault squad stunned the chimera. and Shrike and friends killed the chimera and the hellhound in the insueing explosion shrike takes a wound and he loses 4 vets from his chimera but they stand firm.

Turn 4 M
Mike forgets to move his chimera that I assaulted. He moves his executioner away from the scouts he kills both storms this turn, He also kills my 5 ccw scout squad. he shoots at my termies killing a Th/ss.

Turn 4 J
I got overly fancy I detached shrike from the squad and set him up to charge the left over squad that was in the rhino, I run my conga line of doom toward s the chimera that was again was stunned by the assault squad again. I charge both the assault squad and the Libby with the termies into the chimera wrecking it. Shrike attacks his squad in the chimera crater and forces them to break and below half strength

Turn 5 M

I felt like the eyes of Texas were upon me...and so were all of mikes Guns. What seemed like two hundred shoots later. I had Shrike The libby and 2 Thunderhammer termies left. and my hanging out Sniper scout srgt in the building out of line of sight.

Turn 5 J

This turn I move shrike into another bit of cover. I assault with my libby and two remaining Thunderhammers his commander unit. I kill all but the commander who breaks and runs.

we roll to continue and I roll a 1 a common occurrence that night. In the finally tally. It was Mike with 7kp and me with 6kP. It was a great hard fought game that really showed I have to play flawlessly with this list which having played similar lists in the past I know. its doubly so against guard. Looking forward to the tourney and hopefully facing off with Mike again soon so I can him the business.

No comments:

Post a Comment